Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Haakaa Silicone Breast pump Review

Today, I'm going to write a short review about this amazing yet cheap breastpump. It's my personal review, solely on what I think about this pump. If you know marmet technique, this silicone breast pump works just like that. It's suction is strong enough to hold the bottle on your breast. Therefore, you can go hands free! But just be careful not to move too much because the pump will lose its suction and the bottle will drop. {I've tried to use this while cooking, and the bottle doesn't hold. :p}

The best part about this pump is there's no parts to wash. One piece on its own. It's not detachable but you can use a soft sponge and your fingers can reach to the bottom of the bottle. So no worries. Otherwise you can buy a sponge bottle brush to clean. Remember, no scrubbing or rough materials on this silicone pump.

This pump comes in handy especially when your baby only drinks one side and you need to empty the other side. I find this very useful at night, when my baby only drinks one side and I will use this to pump the other side. All these while after direct latching, I keep myself awake as I need to empty the boobs with electric pump. Sometimes I was so tired and sleepy that I just ignore the engorged boob and sleep with it. Until I wake up to a wet shirt. =/ With this pump, I can kill two birds with one stone! Direct latching + pumping at the same time! Awesome!

However, I find that the milk collection bottle is too small. The measurement printed on the bottle is wrong, it says 4oz/90ml maximum but the actual size is 3oz/90ml. They only have one standard size, therefore I always prepare an empty bottle next to me just in case the bottle overflows. Oh yeah, this pump has a wide surface, therefore the milk gets contaminated easily. Do not pump and leave it unattended. Again, I will prepare an empty storage bottle next to me to keep the milk as soon as I've finished the session.

Overall, this pump has been so useful to me. It saves a lot of time! Less parts to wash. Pump the other side while baby is latching on the other side. So convenient. Easy to bring around. I'm loving my Haakaa. It's cheap! I ordered this at 11street for only RM70 plus shipping and I received this the next day itself. The seller is super efficient!


This is the amount that I get after 5 mins! This pump works efficiently to express out the milk. I notice that it won't empty the boob completely, unless I encourage the second let down.

Look at the open-aired wide surface of the flange. Your milk will get contaminated easily. 
Therefore, always prepare an empty bottle when you're pumping so that you can transfer the milk as soon as you're done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment